USS Pitt was a Haskell-class attack transport laid down on September 8, 1944 and launched on November 10, the same year. It was commissioned on December 11, 1944 under Capt. Walter S. Mayer’s command, with the hull number APA-223 and it served in the US Navy for 3 years until it was decommissioned on April 9, 1947. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 536 people onboard and had the main missions in California, Eniwetok, Pearl Harbor, Kerama Retto, San Francisco, Ulithi, Saipan, Guam or Tulagi. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Naval Register on April 23, 1947. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Pitt received 1 battle star.