USS S-8 was an S-class submarine laid down on November 9, 1918 and launched on April 21, 1920. It was commissioned on October 1, the same year under Lt. Cmdr. Eric F. Zamke’s command with the hull number SS-112 and it served in the US Navy for 11 years before it was decommissioned on April 11, 1931. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 38 people on board and had the main missions in New England, Cavite, Mare Island, Pearl Harbor, New London or the Panama Canal Zone. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy Register on January 25, 1937.