The SS Abigail Gibbons was a Liberty Ship built under a MARCOM contract by J.A. Jones Construction in Brunswick, Georgia. It was sponsored by Mrs. W. Franklin Brown and launched in October 1944. The ship was operated by the Foreign Steamship Corporation and after the war, it was placed in the National Defense Reserve Fleet in Mobile, Alabama. It was acquired by Union Minerals and Alloys Corporation in September 1971 and scrapped.