The SS Brown Victory was a Maritime Commission type VC2-S-AP2 Victory ship built during World War II by the Oregon Shipbuilding Company Portland. The ship was laid down on February 25, 1945 and was delivered to the War Shipping Administration on March 27, the same year. During its activity, the ship carried a complement 62 Merchant Marine and 28 US Naval Armed Guards, and served in the Pacific War during World War II transporting supplies to the Battle of Okinawa operations. Most of the asbestos exposure aboard this ship occurred in engineering spaces and boiler rooms. The ship was awarded Battle Stars for the Okinawa operations. Shortly after ceasing the operations in June 1970, the ship was scrapped at Kaoshung, Taiwan.