The SS David B. Johnson was a Liberty-class ship that was operated by the Wilmore Steamship Corporation under a MARCOM contract during World War II. The ship was built by J.A. Jones Construction in Brunswick, Georgia in November 1943 and launched in January 1944. Having survived the war, the ship was placed in the reserve fleet at Beaumont, Texas and then moved to Suisun Bay, California in 1952 where it remained until January 1968, and then sold to Nicolai Joffe Corporation to be scrapped.
Died on 09/15/2014