The SS Dwight L. Moody was a Liberty Ship built and used by the United States during World War II. The ship was launched in June 1943 by J.A. Jones Construction, in Panama City, Florida. Soon after the launch, the ship was allocated to Lykes Bros. Steamship Corporation. After the war, the SS Dwight L. Moody was laid up in the reserve fleet, James River Group. In July 1975, it was transferred to the state of Texas to be used as an artificial reef along with another ship, the Jim Bridger. They were both sunk in June 1976.
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) - Facts and Asbestos Exposuremore »