The SS James Bennett More was a Liberty ship built in the U.S. to be used during World War II. It was named after an assistant engineer who was lost at sea while working on the freighter SS Massmar in July 1942, after its convoy strayed into a minefield. The ship was constructed under a MARCOM contract by J.A. Jones Construction at their shipyards in Brunswick, Georgia and launched in January 1945. It was allocated to A.L. Burbank and remained under their control throughout the war. It was laid up in the reserve fleet in the Hudson River Group after the war and withdrawn several times for grain transportation until March 1971 when it was sold to Union Minerals & Alloys for scrapping.