USS Audrain was a Gilliam-class attack transport laid down on December 1, 1943 and launched on April 21, the following year. It was commissioned on September 2, 1944 under Lt. Comdr. George O. Forrest’s command with the hull number APA-59 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on May 15, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 322 people onboard and had the main missions in California, Pearl Harbor, Guam, Nagasaki, Okinawa or Eniwetok. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on August 1, 1947 and sold for scrapping to the National Metal & Steel Corporation from California in 1972. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Audrain received 1 battle star.
85 years old