USS Cleburne was a Gilliam-class attack transport launched on September 27, 1944. It was commissioned on December 22, the same year under Lt. Comdr. F. T. Callaghan’s command with the hull number APA-73 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on June 7, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 322 people onboard and had the main missions in San Francisco, Ulithi, Eniwetok, Tsingtao, Guam, Jinsen or Pearl Harbor. After the decommissioning, the ship was delivered to the Maritime Commission in 1947 and scrapped in 1965.
88 years old