USS Coolbaugh was a Buckley-class destroyer escort laid down on February 22, 1943 and launched on May 29, the same year. It was commissioned on October 15, 1943 under Lt. Comdr. L. S. Kintberger’s command with the hull number DE-217 and served in the US Navy for 16 years until it was decommissioned on February 21, 1960. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 213 men on board and it had the main missions in the Solomons, Manus, Emirau, Eniwetok, Leyte, Ulithi or Iwo Jima. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on July 1, 1972. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Coolbaugh received 3 battle stars.