USS Dutchess was a Windsor-class attack transport launched on August 26, 1944. It was commissioned on November 4, the same year under Comdr. A. B. Leggett’s command with the hull number APA-98 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on April 4, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 476 people on board and had the main missions in Norfolk, Davisville, Pearl Harbor, Saipan, Eniwetok, Manila or Okinawa. After the decommissioning, the ship was sold to American Export-Isbrandtsen Lines and then to C. Y. Tung in Hong Kong where it was renamed Oriental Jade. The ship was scrapped in 1974. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Dutchess received one battle star.