USS Edwin A. Howard was a John C. Butler-class destroyer escort laid down on November 15, 1943 and launched on January 25, the following year. It was commissioned on May 25, 1944 under Lt. Cmdr. BF. Denfield’s command as DE-346 and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on September 25, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 215 people on board and had the main missions in New York, Hollandia, Morotai, Leyte, Okinawa, San Pedro, Palaus, Polloc, Samal Island, Tawi Tawi or Balikpapan. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on December 1, 1972 and sold for scrapping the following year. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Edwin A. Howard received one battle star.