USS Isherwood was a Fletcher-class destroyer laid down on May 12, 1942 and launched on November 24, the same year. It was commissioned on April 12, 1943 under Comdr. R. E. Gadrow’s command with the hull number DD-520 and it served in the US Navy for 18 years before it was decommissioned on September 11, 1961. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 336 people on board and had the main missions in Casco Maine, Guantanamo Bay, Newfoundland, Kurile, Alaska, Leyte, Manila, Okinawa, Charleston or San Diego. It was struck from the Navy List on January 15, 1974 although it was transferred prior to Peru in 1961 where it was renamed Almirante Guise DD-72. For the service brought to the country during the World War II, USS Isherwood received 5 battle stars.