USS President Polk was a President Jackson-class attack transport laid down on October 7, 1940 and launched on June 28, the following year. It was commissioned on October 4, 1943 with the hull number AP-103 and served in the US Navy for 3 years until it was decommissioned on January 26, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 354 people on board and had the main missions in the Marshalls, the Gilberts, Guam, the Philippines, Lingayen or New Guinea. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on February 25, 1946 and scrapped in 197o in Taiwan. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS President Polk received 6 battle stars.