USS S-6 was an S-class submarine laid down on January 29, 1918 and launched on December 23, 1919. It was commissioned on May 17, the following year under Lt. Cmdr. George B. Junkin’s command with the hull number SS-111 and it served in the US Navy for 11 years before it was decommissioned on April 10, 1931. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 38 people on board and had the main missions in New England, Cavite, Mare Island, Pearl Harbor, Shanghai or Tsingtao. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy Register on January 25, 1937.