USS Waupaca was a Mettawee-class gasoline tanker laid down on November 23, 1944 and launched on January 4, the following year. It was commissioned on February 9, 1945 under Lt. William G. Brown’s command with the hull number AOG-46 and it served in the US Navy for 1 year until it was decommissioned on March 26, 1946. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 62 people onboard and had the main missions in Norfolk, Netherlands West Indies, Panama, San Diego, Los Angeles, Hawaii, the Marshalls, Eniwetok, Tokyo Bay or Yokosuka. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on May 1, 1946 and sold for scrapping to Standard-Vacuum Oil Corporation in 1946 where it was renamed MT Mei Shan and, subsequently, to Oriental Trade and Transport in 1948. In 1977, USS Waupaca was scrapped.