USS Xenia was an Artemis-class attack cargo ship laid down on May 4, 1945 and launched on June 27, the same year. It was commissioned on July 28, 1945 under Lt. Comdr. G. B. Service’s command and served in the US Navy for 1 year until it was decommissioned on May 13, 1946. It carried a complement of 303 men on board. After the decommissioning, USS Xenia was struck from the Naval Register on November 30, 1946 and transferred to the government of Chile. It was renamed Presidente Errazuriz and it served as a flag ship until 1962.