USS Grindall was an Evarts-class destroyer escort laid down on April 23, 1943 and launched on June 4, the same year. It was transferred to the United Kingdom and served there for 2 years as HMS Grindall K477 until it was transferred back in the United States of America on August 20, 1945. It also served in the US Navy for a few months under Lt. Burrill D. Barker’s command until it was decommissioned on October 19, 1945. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 156 people on board. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on November 1, 1945 and sold for scrapping the following year.