The SS A. Mitchell Palmer was a Liberty Ship designed as a cargo ship built by Southeastern Shipbuilding Corporation in Savannah, Georgia. The ship was launched in December 1943 and delivered to the War Shipping Administration to be used for World War II operations. Under the WSA’s control and operated by the Isbrandtsen Steamship Company the ship was one of the 200 American Merchant Marine ships that took part in the Normandy invasion in June 1944. After the war, the vessel was sold and renamed several times until 1968 when it was scrapped in Taiwan.
93 years old