The SS Alanson B. Houghton was a Liberty Ship built by J.A. Jones Construction, Panama City in January 1944 and sponsored by Mrs. H.R. Pratt. It was transferred to the American South African Lines soon after the launch. The ship was laid up in the National Reserve Fleet in Mobile, Alabama in October 1949 and sold for scrapping to Union Minerals and Alloys Corporation in 1971.