The SS Albert K. Smiley was a Liberty Ship built under a Maritime Contract by J.A. Jones Construction in Brunswick, Georgia and sponsored by Mrs. Harry. A. Straus. After its launch in November 1944, the ship was allocated to International Freighting Corporation and remained in service until it was laid up in the National Defense Reserve Fleet in Mobile, Alabama, in December 1948. It was sold for scrapping to First Steel and Ship Corporation in February 1964.