The SS Albert M. Boe was a Liberty Ship built by the New England Shipbuilding Corporation in Portland, Maine. The ship was laid down in July 1945 and it was the last Liberty Ship ever built. It was named in honor of one of the crewmen of another ship, the aircraft repair vessel FS-214. Chief Engineer Albert M. Boe died in an engine fire accident on that ship while attempting to control the fire spread. He received the posthumous Merchant Marine Distinguished Service Medal for his actions that saved the other crewmen. The ship was acquired by the US Navy soon after its commission. It was placed out of service in January 1952 and transferred to USMC. The vessel was sold to a private company for commercial use and converted to a fish cannery ship in 1964. It was also renamed Star of Kodiak. The ship is still in use but it is currently landlocked.