The SS Augustine B. McManus was a Liberty Ship built in the US during World War II. The ship was named after Augustine B. McManus, US Navy officer and scientist that had testified at the Titanic disaster trials. The vessel was laid down in April 1944 at the J.A. Jones Construction in Brunswick, Georgia and launched in June the same year. The ship was operated by the William J. Rountree & Company during the war. It was placed in the reserve fleet at Wilmington, North Carolina and later, in the Hudson River Group. It was later withdrawn from the fleet to be used as a grain transporter until September 1970 when it was sold for scrapping.