The SS Augustus Saint-Gaudens was a Liberty Ship built during World War II in the United States. The ship was named in honor of Augustus Saint-Gaudens, an American sculptor of the Beaux-Arts generation and designer of the Saint-Gaudens double eagle coin. The ship was built by J.A. Jones Construction in Florida and launched in February 1944. After the launch, the ship was transferred to Black Diamond Steamship Corporation to be operated during the war. In May 1946, the ship was laid up in the reserve fleet at Lee Hall, Virginia. In 1947, it was allocated to the Italian Government and then sold again to Societe Coop di Navigazione Resp., in Genoa, Italy. The ship was scrapped in 1967 at Spezia.