The SS Charles C. Randleman was a Liberty-class ship that was built under a MARCOM contract during World War II. It was laid down and launched by J.A. Jones Construction at their shipyards in Brunswick, Georgia in February 1945. The ship was named after a crewman of another American ship, the SS William C. McTarnaban, who got lost at sea after the ship got torpedoed by a German submarine in May 1942. Soon after the launch, the ship was transferred to the American Foreign Steamship Corporation but in August 1945, the ship was grounded near the Mindoro Island and declared a constructive total loss.