The SS Cranston Victory, a Victory ship built during World War II was launched by the Oregon Shipbuilding Corporation on January 12, 1944, with the hull number 103 (1019). During its activity, this ship carried a complement of 62 Merchant Marine and 28 US Naval Armed Guards and was used as a troopship in World War II in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. The ship transported up to 1600 troops and had its main missions from Japan to Seattle and from Europe to the United States. Asbestos exposure occurred aboard this ship, particularly in the engineering spaces and boiler rooms. The ship was laid up in the James River National Defense Reserve Fleet, Virginia after the war in 1946. In 1960, the ship was converted to a passenger ship and in 1969, it was scrapped in Bilbao, Spain.