The SS Davidson Victory, a Victory ship built during World War II was launched by the Oregon Shipbuilding Corporation on February 27, 1945, with the hull number 172. The ship served as a floating ammunition depot and had its main missions in Ulithi and the Philippines. Until 1948, the ship transported foodstuffs and other cargo to Japan and was later acquired by the US Department of Commerce. The poorly-ventilated boiler rooms and engineering spaces were major areas of asbestos exposure aboard this ship. The ship was scrapped in 1968 at Portland, Oregon.