The SS Duncan U. Fletcher was a Liberty Ship built during World War II by the United States. Its name comes from Duncan U. Fletcher, the longest-serving US Senator in Florida and twice the mayor of Jacksonville, Florida. It was built under a MARCOM contract by J.A. Jones Construction in Panama City, Florida and launched in August 1943. After the launch, it was allocated to Lykes Bros. Steamship Corporation. Having survived the war, the ship was placed in the national reserve fleet at Lee Hall, Virginia and later sold into private ownership. It was scrapped after it suffered heavy damage in 1966.