The SS Frederick Bartholdi was a Liberty Ship built by the United States to be used for war operations during World War II. It was named after Frederick Bartholdi, a French sculptor, best known for designing the Statue of Liberty. The ship was laid down in August 1943 under a MARCOM contract by J.A. Jones Construction in Brunswick, Georgia. It was allocated to the West India Steamship Company after launch. Just a month later, the ship ran aground near Skye, Scotland while transporting general cargo to London, and it was declared a constructive total loss. It was refloated, had its cargo salvaged, and subsequently towed to the River Clyde. It was scrapped in September 1944 at Kames Bay.