The SS George R. Poole was a Liberty Ship built by the United States for World War II service. The ship was named after George R. Poole, an assistant engineer that served on the SS Gulfstar. He was lost at sea after his ship got torpedoed by a German submarine, off the East Coast. The SS George R. Poole was laid down under a MARCOM contract in December 1944, by J.A. Jones Construction in Brunswick, Georgia. After launch, the ship was reassigned to the Stockard Steamship Corporation. It was laid up in the reserve fleet at Lee Hall, Virginia, in January 1946, and sold for scrapping in 1957.