The SS George W. Norris was a Liberty Ship built in the United States to be used in World War II. It was named after a US Senator from Nebraska. The ship was laid down in October 1944 under a MARCOM contract by J.A. Jones Construction in Brunswick, Georgia. After launch, the ship was reassigned to Prudential Steamship Corporation. It was wrecked in 1946 near the coast off Japan and declared a marine total loss.