The SS Halton R. Carey was a Liberty Ship built in the United States to be used in World War II. The ship was named in the honor of Halton R. Carey, a seaman who got lost at sea while serving on the tanker SS W.D. Anderson, which got torpedoed by a German submarine near the East Coast in 1942. The SS Halton R. Carey was laid down in December 1944, under contract, by J.A. Jones Construction in Brunswick, Georgia. It was reassigned to American Liberty Line in February 1945, after launch. In May 1948, the ship was placed in the reserve fleet at Wilmington, North Carolina where it remained until it was sold for scrapping, in 1963.