The SS Harold O. Wilson was a Liberty Ship built by the United Stated to be used during World War II. It was named after the crewmember Harold O. Wilson who got lost at sea while serving on the SS Flora MacDonald which was torpedoed by a German submarine in 1943, near Sierra Leone. The ship was laid down at the J.A. Jones Construction’s shipyard in Brunswick, Georgia, in December 1943, under a Maritime Commission contract. It was reassigned to the United States Navigation Company after launch and sold to Northeastern Steamship Corporation in June 1947. It was renamed North Beacon and served under this name until it was sold again, in April 1955. The ship remained in service until it was wrecked and sold for scrapping in January 1961.