The SS Howard E. Coffin was a Liberty Ship built in the United Stated during World War II. It was named after Howard E. Coffin, a founder of the Hudson Motor Car Company and president of the Society of Automotive Engineers in 1910. The ship was laid down in November 1943, under contract, by J.A. Jones Construction in Brunswick, Georgia. After its launch, the ship was allocated to the South Atlantic Steamship Corporation. After war, it was placed in the reserve fleet at Lee Hall, Virginia and transferred to the Italian Government in January 1947. It was sold again to a private company out of Genoa and scrapped in 1968.