The SS Howard Gray was a Liberty Ship that was built by the United States during World War II. It was laid down in April 1944, under contract, by J.A. Jones Construction in Panama City, Florida and launched in May the same year. It was reassigned to the Black Diamond Steamship Corporation and placed in the reserve fleet, Hudson River Group after the war. It was transferred to the Italian Government in 1947 and sold again to a private company for commercial use. It had a couple of owners until it was scrapped in Shanghai in 1969.