The SS Howell E. Jackson was a Liberty Ship built in the United States during World War II. The ship was named after Howard E. Jackson, a U.S. Senator from Tennessee and Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. It was laid down in May 1943 under a MARCOM contract by J.A. Jones Construction in Brunswick, Georgia. The vessel was reassigned to the Marine Transport Line in September. It was placed in the reserve fleet at Wilmington, North Carolina in June 1948 and sold for scrapping in 1962.