The SS James H. Kimball was a Liberty Ship built by the United States for service during World War II. The ship was constructed by J.A. Jones Construction in Panama City, Florida in March 1944 and transferred to American Export Lines in May the same year to be operated during the war. After the war, the vessel was laid up in the reserve fleet at Astoria, Oregon and sold for commercial use in 1947. It was grounded in the River Gironde because of engine issues in December 1968. It was later declared a total loss.