The SS Joe C. S. Blackburn was a Liberty-class ship that was built in the United States during World War II. It was laid down at J. A. Jones Construction in Brunswick, Georgia under a MARCOM contract and launched in December 1943. It was transferred to the Black Diamond Steamship Corporation after launch to be operated during the war. After that, the ship was placed in the reserve fleet like most other ships in its class, and sold for scrapping in 1967. The ship may have been converted into a floating dock instead of being scrapped right away but the information was never confirmed.