The SS John A. Campbell was a Liberty Ship built by the United States to be used during World War II. It was laid down under a MARCOM contract by J. A. Jones Construction in Georgia and launched in August 1943. It was allocated to Moore-McCormack Lines Inc. after launch and laid up in the reserve fleet at Astoria, Oregon. The SS John A. Campbell was withdrawn from the fleet several times to be used as a grain transporter until July 1967, when it was sold to Universal Salvage and Construction to be scrapped.