The SS John Catron was an American Liberty Ship that was built and used during World War II. The ship was built by J. A. Jones Construction under contract in September 1942 and allocated immediately after launch to American Steamship Corporation. The ship survived the war and it was placed in the National Defense Reserve Fleet at Mobile, Alabama. It was eventually sold for scrapping in December 1971.