The SS John H. Hammond was an American Liberty-class ship built during World War II. The ship was laid down under a MARCOM contract in October 1944 at the J. A. Jones Construction’s shipyards in Brunswick, Georgia. After launch, the ship was allocated to William J. Rountree & Company for operation during the war. The SS John H. Hammond did not survive the war. It was declared a constructive total loss after it struck a mine near Elba, Italy in July 1945 and sold for scrapping in 1948.