The SS William D. Bloxham was a Liberty ship built by J. A. Jones Construction, Panama City, Florida during World War II. The ship was laid down on May 5, 1944, under a Maritime Commission contract and was sponsored by Miss Joan Blair. Launched on June 13, 1944. Boiler and steam pipe insulation, fireproofing material for bulkheads, brake linings in winches, and gaskets of valves and pipe fixtures are the common asbestos products that were used on Liberty ships. Exposed personnel worked on destroyers, aircraft carriers, auxiliary boats, submarines, and battleships, among other warships. Shipyard employees who worked onboard ships and in land-based shops were mainly exposed to asbestos dust as a result of their employment in restricted work spaces; thus, they breathed asbestos dust as they carried out their day-to-day responsibilities. The ship was allocated to William J. Rountree & Company on June 28, 1944, and was later laid up in the National Defense Reserve Fleet in the James River Group on June 11, 1946. On January 18, 1947, the ship was sold to Lloyd Triestino for commercial use and was finally scrapped in 1972.