USS Tabberer was a John C. Butler-class destroyer escort laid down on January 12, 1944 and launched on February 18, the same year. It was commissioned on May 23, 1944 under Lt. Cmdr. Henry Lee Plage’s command as DE-418 and served in the US Navy for 11 years until it was decommissioned in May 1960. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 215 people on board and had the main missions in San Diego, Eniwetok, Saipan, Bermuda, Okinawa, Leyte or Hawaii. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on August 1, 1972 and sold for scrapping the following year. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Tabberer received 4 battle stars and a Navy Unit Commendation.