USS Natchaug was a Patapsco-class gasoline tanker laid down on August 15, 1944 and launched on December 6, the same year. It was commissioned on July 19, 1945 under Lt. Harry E. Goza’s command with the hull number AOG-54 and it served in the US Navy for 58 years until it was decommissioned for the last time in 2003. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 124 people onboard and had the main missions in Wake Island, Midway Island, Canton Island, Christmas Islands, Guam, Tsingtao, Yokosuka or Sasebo. After the decommissioning, the ship was sold to Greece, where it was renamed HNS Arethovsa (A-377).
90 years old