USS ABSD-6 was an auxiliary floating dry-dock, which was laid down at Mare Island Yard, Vallejo, California on an unknown date. The launch date is also unknown, but the commissioning date was on September 28, 1944 with Girvin B. Wait in command. The operations were conducted during the World War II mainly in the Pacific theater, at Apra Harbor, Guam, Mariana Islands. It was decommissioned on June 29, 1946, thus being in service for the US Navy for almost 2 years. After it was transferred to the Reserve Fleet, it was redesignated as AFDB-6 on an unknown date. Finally, it was sold for scrapping on January 1, 1976 by the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service.