USS Admiralty Islands was a Casablanca-class escort carrier laid down on February 26, 1944 and launched on May 10, the same year. It was commissioned on June 13, 1944 with the hull number CVE-99 under Capt. M. E. A. Gouin’s command and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on April 24, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 916 men on board and had the main missions in San Diego, San Francisco, Eniwetok, the Marshalls, Manus, Pearl Harbor, Okinawa, San Pedro or Ulithi. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on May 8, 1946 and sold for scrapping the following year to Zidell Machinery and Supply Company in Portland. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Admiralty Islands received 3 battle stars.
75 years old