USS Albany was an Oregon City-class heavy cruiser laid down on March 6, 1944 and launched on June 30, 1945. It was commissioned on June 15, 1946 under Capt. Harold A.Carlisle’s command as CA-123 and served in the US Navy for 29 years until it was decommissioned on August 29, 1980. On November 1, 1958 the ship was reclassified as guided missile cruiser with the hull number CG-10. During its activities, the ship carried a complement of 1,969 people on board and had the main missions in Boston, Norfolk, Casco Bay, the West Indies or Gaeta. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on June 30, 1985 and sold for scrapping in 1990.