USS Allendale was a Haskell-class attack transport laid down on July 1, 1944 and launched on September 9, the same year. It was commissioned on November 22, 1944 under Capt. J. J. Twomey’s command, with the hull number APA-127 and it served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on March 14, 1946. During its activity, the ship carried a complement of 536 people onboard and had the main missions in California, Ulithi, Saipan, Eniwetok, New Guinea, Norfolk or Oro Bay. After the decommissioning, the ship was struck from the Navy List on March 28, 1946 and sold for scrapping to C. J. W. Shipping and Trading in 1988. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Allendale received 1 battle star.