The USS Ascella was a cargo ship in service of the US Navy during World War II. It belonged to the Crater-class. It was constructed as the Liberty Ship SS George C. Yount by California Shipbuilding Corporation in January 1943. It was acquired by the Navy in November and underwent its conversion for naval use at the Matson Navigation Company’s shipyards in San Francisco. The vessel’s first mission was delivering load stores, provisions, and ammunition from Oakland, California to Pearl Harbor. For the rest of the war, the ship delivered supplies and troops in the South Pacific. It was decommissioned at Pearl Harbor in August 1946 and placed in the reserve fleet at Suisun Bay until 1964, when it was sold for scrapping to National Metal & Steel Corporation.