USS Aurelia was an Artemis-class attack cargo ship laid down on February 5, 1944 and launched on July 4 the same year. It was commissioned on October 14, 1944 under Comdr. E. G. MacMurdy’s command and served in the US Navy for 2 years until it was decommissioned on March 14, 1946. It carried a complement of 303 men on board. During this period, the ship operated in Pearl Harbor, Guam, Saipan, Eniwetok, the Philippines, Okinawa and Leyte and it participated only in the World War II. It was struck from the Navy List on June 19, 1946. For the services brought to the country during the World War II, USS Aurelia received 1 battle star.